( Last year's in review )
Okay. Goals for 2012.
- HEALTH: I want to worry less about weight, and more on inches lost and on nutrition. I want to be healthy without feeling deprived of things I love - like energy drinks and mochas - but still consume less of them. I want to go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I go twice a week already, but it's only for a half hour. I would like to get a run in either before or after my training. Once my contract for personal training ends, I would like to join a boxing class. I would like to start making bentos again, because they're great for portion control.
- FINANCES: I would like to be able to save (with Steve) a fairly large chunk of money. This will fluctuate depending on getting a new place and whatnot, but I would like to have a couple thousand in the bank at all times if possible. I would like to get our credit line lower and Grim's CareCredit to zero. My credit is quite good so I don't need to be using my credit cards at all. If I do, I want the balance paid ASAP (especially like Penney's and Victoria's Secret cards).
- FAMILY: I would like to help out my family by watching various kids as needed. I would like to have them over, and the older ones to stay the night sometimes. Minimum twice this year (as I refuse to make such a lofty goal as last year).
- CAREER: I want to find something that I *love* and that won't burn me out. That I will want to stay at for more than a year. I want to feel useful and appreciated. I want to stop feeling like I'm always fighting a failing, uphill battle. I want to get in a position where instead of wanting to kill myself after 6 months, I relish the joy I get from being good at my job. I've been working with the mentally ill for almost 6 years; I think that is enough. Maybe a different field, maybe a different degree in the future. I am versatile, and have held far too many jobs for my age. I want to settle down somewhere for at least 3-5 years.
- RELATIONSHIP: I personally think my relationship is a grand, wonderful thing. I cannot identify any major flaws. We're affectionate, considerate, and attentive to each other. I would like to keep being this way. I would like to be able to identify when things are going downhill for me and being able to rationally discuss the issue before it's out of control. I can think of two actual fights this year. I would like to keep to that same number or fewer (that is not to say we haven't had serious discussions regarding aspects of our relationship; there is a huge difference). I want to make sure that we don't become stagnant or take each other for granted. While I feel we are both quite aware of how we're doing, that doesn't mean it doesn't take work and monitoring. I would like to continue taking days here and there for us. I would like to take a trip somewhere this year, just us two.
- SELF: I want to continue my goal from last year. I want to learn to accept myself, the things I cannot change about me that I wish I could, change the things I can control, and just be me. I want to start doing things that make me feel pretty again, like painting my nails. I want to fit in nice outfits and feel cute.I want to care less about what I think people think of me. I also want to be more accepting when I am not perfect. I need to stop thinking I need to be the best at everything, or do it exactly right. I think I'm pretty good most of the time, but when I set my expectations higher than the result, I end up feeling disappointed and stupid. I would like to actively work on de-stressing more. Feeling more calm and centered. Maybe starting yoga again, even one time a week or every couple of weeks. Something to help me feel good and not like a tight ball of anxiety.
- GAMES: I would like to beat one more than last year. So... 17 :D I would also like to begin reviewing games. Not necessarily this huge, in-depth process because I'll just stress myself out, but just various thoughts and opinions to look back on when I want a refresher, or to more accurately explain my feelings to others.